The Windows 8 Developer Preview is a pre-beta version of Windows 8 for developers. These downloads include pre release software that may change without notice. The software is provided as is, and you bear the risk of using it. It may not be stable, operate correctly or work the way the final version of the software will. It should not be used in a production environment. The features and functionality in the pre release software may not appear in the final version.
Some product features and functionality may require advanced or additional hardware, or installation of other software.
Note: You can't UN-install the Windows 8 Developer Preview. To go back to your previous operating system, you must reinstall it from restore or installation media.
Click for downloadVertigo Sourcing Download Page
System RequirementsThe Windows 8 Developer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Direct X 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
- To run Metro style Apps, you need a screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or greater