Mac OSX Panther V10.3 Install Disc 2 ENG/MACOSX (2012)
Mac OS X Panther (version 10.3) is the fourth major release of Mac OS X, Apple’s desktop and server operating system. It followed Mac OS X v10.2 "Jaguar" and preceded Mac OS X Tiger (version 10.4). Apple released Panther on October 24, 2003.
Since a New World ROM is required for Mac OS X Panther, certain older computers (such as beige Power Mac G3s and “Wall Street” PowerBook G3s) are unable to run Panther by default. Third-party software (such as XPostFacto) can, however, override checks made during the install process; otherwise, installation or upgrades from Jaguar will fail on these older machines.
The system requirements are:
- PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor (at least 233 MHz)
- Built-in USB (indicative of a New World ROM being present)
- At least 128 MB of RAM (512 MB recommended, 96 MB supported unofficially)
- At least 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- CD drive
- Internet access requires a compatible service provider; I Disk requires a .Mac account
- 333 MHz or faster PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
- Broadband Internet access (100 Kbit/s or faster)
- Compatible FireWire DV camera or web camera
Panther still supported the Classic environment fully for running older Mac OS 9 applications but made Classic application windows double-buffered, which interfered with some applications expecting to directly draw to the screen.
Click Here for Download
Mac OSX Panther V10.3 Install Disc 2 ENG/MACOSX (2012) | 1.75 GB