Release 3.1 boot.img Changes
The following is a (probably incomplete) list of changes made between the 3.0 and 3.1 release of MorphOS to the ROM (boot.img) based components.
- Fixed booting via bootimage parameter when the source ISO file is on a usb disk.
- Opening the laptop lid always enables the backlight and stops the screensaver now.
- The battery information in titlebar was sometimes bogus.
- When a screen was smaller than the display area, the bottom part of it was in some cases trashed/blinking.
- Changed to disable write reordering to improve filesystem stability.
- When formatting volumes, sets file name length to 107 characters.
- Special keys are only handled for the internal keyboard, this also fixes swapped keys on external USB keyboards.
On this page, you find a list of hardware that is directly supported by MorphOS 3.x.
- Apple eMac*
- Apple Mac Mini G4
- Apple PowerBook G4***
- Apple PowerMac G4**
- Genesi Efika Open Client
- Genesi Open Desktop Workstation
Important: Please make sure that your pre-assembled computer was configured to include one of the supported graphics card as listed below. Mac Mini owners must only ensure that their computer includes a G4 processor.
* - Only 1.25 Ghz and 1.42 Ghz eMac models are supported.
* * - NVIDIA GeForce2 MX and NVIDIA GeForce4 MX/Titanium cards found in some PowerMac3,x models are not supported. Also, audio is currently only supported for PowerMac3,4 to 3,6 models.
* * * - Only the two latest revisions clocked at 1.67GHz are supported at the moment, which includes the models PowerBook5,6 to 5,9, both 15'' and 17'' screens. The 1.5GHz PowerBook5,6 will also work but be careful not to confuse it with PowerBook5,4 which may have almost identical specifications.